Port Douglas!!!!

July13

You may remember that I did my first post on Port Douglas 2 years ago, and another one last year. And it’s finally time again to have another AWESOME holiday at Port Douglas!!!

Port Douglas is ideal for a trip to the Great Barrier Reef or to the Daintree Rainforest, with Cape Tribulation a 90 minute drive on well maintained sealed roads.

Port Douglas maintains a village feel, as it is a town where the Palm Trees are taller than the buildings and you can meander through the town to do some shopping, or enjoy a wide variety of cafes, pubs, restaurants & bars, ranging from those offeringport douglas map blog pic excellent value to world class cuisine.

It is a very popular tourist, beach and reef destination, with the peak season being during the Australian winter.

Well to start of with,  Mum and Dad booked the family into Jungle Surfing through the Daintree Rainforest, around Cape Tribulation. It was really,really, REALLY fun!! You get harnessed in and go for a little walk, and then the excitement begins! when you reach the top you pair up. There’s a human-sized hamster wheel that you walk on the power the pair infront of you to get to the first platform. Now we’re up on the first platform, our harnesses hooked into the tree,  learning some info about the rainforest surrounding us. Finally, the first zip line!! I wait as dad ( my parter) gets clipped in. As I get the thumbs up to go, I jungle surfing port douglas blog picpush my feet of the platform and away we go!! You can see the beautiful green trees surrrounding us as we fly in the canopy. On the thrid line, one of the guide stopped us in the middle of the line. We were at the highest point, 22.5m of ground, and as a joke to scare us, he stopped us smack bang in that spot. Most people would have hated it, but dad and I loved it!! The next line was really fast, and the last one you have to go upside down!! Even my little sister ( Tessa, she’s only 5yrs) went upside down!! After that we went for a little walk and then went home!! It was a great experience and I loved every momment!!

The rest of the time we were either swimming in the pool, the beach, walking around, going out for dinner or reading.
It was a great holiday and I loved it!!

Italic writing from:http://wikitravel.org/en/Port_Douglas

Jungle surfing pic from:queenslandholidays.com.au

by posted under Holidays | 4 Comments »    

“Port Douglas!!!!”

1. July 26th, 2014 at 10:55 am      Reply Bubblegum Pink Says:

Oh, cool! I would love to go jungle surfing! It seems to be amazing! If I had a chance, I would definitely go.

Yours,
    Bubblegum x

• July 28th, 2014 at 7:52 am      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Bubblegum Pink,
      Jungle surfing was really fun and adventurous. If I could do something sdventurous it would be abseiling, but I don’t think I would manage the hights!!
      What would you do?
      From your friend,
      Josie. :) ;)

2. July 29th, 2014 at 5:58 pm      Reply Bubblegum Pink Says:

Hi Josie!

I have been abseiling before! It was scary, but very fun! Think I would probably climb an enormous tree all the way to the top.

Bubblegum x

• August 17th, 2014 at 5:28 am      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Bubblegum Pink,
      Abseiling would be really fun ( as you know), but I would still get scared too. I couldn’t abseil too high though, that would be REALLY scary!

Josie. :D ;)