Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban; Book Review.

March9

I know I did a book review last week, but I NEED to tell you about Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban…

The third Harry Potter starts out with Harry, up in his room in the dead of night doing homework. Suddenly, the clock strikes midnight. A few owls fly in from his window. Harry Potter is now thirteen. Ron gave him a pocket Sneakoscope, a device that lights up and spins when adversity is near, Hermione gave Harry a Broomstick Servicing kit and Hagrid had given him The Monster Book. There also was a letter from Professor McGonagal saying all the books he needed for school (as always), and a permission slip to a town called Hogsmeade, the only all wizard\witch town in Britain. Harry is extremely disappointed, his Aunt and Uncle will never sign it. The summer holidays drift away, until Harry’s Aunt Marge comes to stay for a week. Uncle Vernon had decided that he would only sign the slip if Harry behaved well with Aunt Marge around. Aunt Marge hates Harry (and vice versa).  The Durselys’ convinced Aunt Marge that Harry went to a school named St Brutus’s Secure Centre for Incurably Criminal Boys, because she didn’t know that Harry was a wizard that went to Hogworts. After the worst week in the holidays, on Sunday, Harry can’t take it any longer. At the dinner table, when Aunt Marge was insulting Harry’s parents and talking about their death (Harry and the Durselys said it was because of a car crash when they were killed by Lord Voldemort) Harry lost it. He started blurting out what really happened and all of a sudden he ran up to his room and started packing his bags and running away. He suddenly found the knight bus, a bus for wizards and witches who are stranded in Muggle cities\towns. He gets off after a while of chatting, with Cornelius Fudge, a member of the Ministry of Magic, at The Leaky Caldron, a hotel. They talked about Harry’s recent ‘accident’ with Aunt Marge. He also along the way, used magic, which broke the law. They also mention Sirus Black, a criminal who escaped from one of the worst (magic) prisons in Britain. After talking with Fudge, he lets him stay in one of the rooms for the three remaining weeks. Harry wonders around Diagon alley, buys his books for school and eating at a ice-cream at Florean Fortescue’s Ice-cream parlour, while doing his home-work, with some help from Florean Fortescue himself. Each day after refilling his pockets with his money from Gringotts, that’s what he’d do. But the most tempting thing in Diagon Alley would have to be, by far, the newest broomstick at Quality Quidditch Supplies, the Firebolt…

That’s all I’m going to tell you, but if you like the book so much, or want to know more, you could read my review on the second Harry Potter ( Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets) or buy the book yourself!

I loved the book so much, the was plot perfect. Everything made sense in the end, it’s my favourite Harry Potter book, so far. Packed with every emotion, I give it 4 26\27 stars ( Sorry, I couldn’t find the symbol for it! :D)

by posted under Books | No Comments »