New Years Eve…

January4

As we arrive at the back beach at about five PM everyone starts to talk. Yes this is New Years Eve, at the back beach. Everyone is here, let’s get it started!

We have guests, a family of them. From over-seas! They’re our family friends, Tim, Katie, Lucy and Leo, aka The Clairsos. We only see them at least once a year, so this is exciting! Tim and Katie are the parents, Lucy the eldest and Leo the youngest.

Pic from: weekendnotes.com

When everyone got together, my sisters, Sabrina and Tessa with Lucy went and explored the rock pools, as it was low tide. The rock pools are a perfect place to explore. While they did that, I sat down, accidentally ate a few raspberries that were for desert and started to listen and talk a bit with the adults. Some was interesting, but some a little boring! Then we played a game of beach cricket. I was a fielder most of the time, but I was also a bowler and batter once. Although I was pretty good and bowling, I was terrible at batting! Then we had  something little to eat.Finally we all jumped off some sandy dune hills and to almost finish the day, we tried to scare the adults, but we din’t scare them as much as we planed! To finish it all up we all went in the rock pools one more time. By the time we got back it was almost time for the sun to set!

Where Were You On New Years Eve?

Do You Like The Rock Pools At Back Beach?

by posted under Holidays | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“New Years Eve…”

1. January 10th, 2013 at 8:52 pm      Reply gobstopper Says:

Hey Josie,
    Great post but you might want to read it out loud because the start doesnt make sense when you talk about the oversess part.
    Seeya Robbie