Anna Flowers…

December5

Whats is Anna Flowers? You ask. Well Anna Flowers is a great book for kids over the age of 8, or sometimes, 7!

Well, Anna Flowers is a book about a girl called Anna Flowers, her mother dies unexpectedly. So she has to move miles away to a town called ‘Peppersalt’ were here aunt and grandma live. She has been keeping a diary of the day and keeps in touch to her friends alot. She finds out she’s really good at netball, from shoting at a hoop in her aunty’s backyard.  She finds out, that the school bully, and girl named Michlle is the netball captain and she wants to have a place in it. She has made three friend already, but theres probably more to come! 

From:  netball.asn.au

I am still on the ‘Predict and Confirm’ strategy, so here’s my predictions: That Anna will get a place in the netball team, make a few more friends and get an update from her friends back at the other town. This os a great book and I highly recommend it. I’ll give it 7 and a half\10 stars, so far…

by posted under Books | 6 Comments »    

“Anna Flowers…”

1. December 5th, 2012 at 11:59 am      Reply Mrs Monaghan Says:

Hi Josie
    That sounds like a good book – I wonder if you could tell me who the author is? I’d like to look it up for myself. I have also heard of Alice Miranda, is that by an Australian Author?
    We have just finished reading ‘Cool’ by Michael Morpurgo in class. We will have to find a new book to read in the run up to Christmas! Any suggestions? Do you read class books? What has been your favourite so far?
    CONGRATULATIONS on your nomination for Best Student Blog, what a fantastic achievement! I have voted for you three times already!
    Mrs Monaghan

• December 5th, 2012 at 9:17 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Mrs Monghan,
      Thanks alot for voting for me, I think Ive got a few votes alreaddy! I’m voting for our class blog for that catorgory, so is your blog in any other catorgory so I can vote for it there? 😐
      The author is a man called DJ Lawrence. He’s a friend of my uncle, so Dad bought it for me to read. I think it’s popurlor, because they printed a small amount, and it”s sold out! 😀
      Yes, Alice-MIranda is writen by an Austalian author, Jacqueline Harvey. She is a very good author, but she’s not my favourite, Roald Dahl is, and he’s English, like you!
      Yes, we did read class books, but we don’t any more. We used to read a book called ‘Rowan of Rin’. That was a good book. Last year in grade two we read class books like: Unreal, James and The giant peach( For a little while) and a few more that I can’t remember. My favourite might have to be Unreal, by paul Jennings last year. It has lots of little storys in one!
      Have you read it?
      From your blogging buddy,
      Josie. 😉

2. December 5th, 2012 at 9:23 pm      Reply Mrs Monaghan Says:

Hi Josie
    Thanks for telling me the authors. You are QUITE RIGHT to vote for your class blog because it is ACE! You could vote for us in the best use of video/media category if you wanted.
    I just love Roald Dahl, I read all his books when I was your age, and I still love them! There is a musical of Matilda showing in London and I really want to go and see it too.
    We started our new class book today, it’s called The More the Merrier by Anne Fine. It got a thumbs up today from the class, we think we’re probably going to like it! I’m thinking of ordering a copy of Alice Miranda from our town library to read to the class next term. Then I can say you recommended it!
    How about a blog post of Christmas jokes? Here’s one to start you off…
    What is green, covered in tinsel and goes Ribbet, ribbet?

Mrs Monaghan

• December 6th, 2012 at 9:13 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Mrs Monghan,
      I just voted for your blog in the video\media catorgory, because your blog is really great, and you desive to be in at least the top 15 in that catorgory, your blog has heaps of videos! 😀
      I wish I could go to the musical, but I can’t. I wuldn’t fly overseas for a day or two, just to see a musical! It would be fun if a lived in London though. My favourite Roald Dahl book is The Witches. What’s your’s?
      Maybe, I might do a Christmas joke post, but I can’t think of much. Anyway, what’s the answer to that joke? I can’t work it out. 🙁
      That book sounds cools as, a great title too!
      Thats a great idea, the boys probalby won’t like it as much as the girls, but they still might like it.
      From your blogging buddy,
      Josie. 😉

3. December 5th, 2012 at 11:10 pm      Reply Lucy Says:

Hi Josie,
    sounds like a great book.
    Well done on your nomanation 🙂 🙂
    Lucy

4. December 6th, 2012 at 9:19 pm      Reply Mrs Monaghan Says:

Hi Josie
    Thanks for voting for A Room with a View’s Blog!
    My favourite Roald Dahl book is Charlie in the Chocolate Factory, and my favourite bit of the book is when Augustus Gloop goes up the pipe in the Chocolate Room.
    A Mistle-toad!
    OK, it wasn’t that good…
    By the way it’s good to see your ‘best student blog’ nomination badge at the top of your page! WOW!
    Mrs Monaghan