Spanish Fiesta!!!

December2

Fiesta time! It’s time to party, because we just had a Spanish fiesta! Well, to start with a fiesta is Spanish for a party! So when you translate that, it means we had a spanish party! 😉

We had all these different activities  like: Spanish Quiz with Miss Dennis, Soccer match with Mr Aheran, Cooking with Mrs Barry, A  and heaps more awesome activities.  Each group did at least four activities in a group. Everyone was in a group number from 1-10. I was in group 7.  We did cooking with Mrs Barry. We made guacamole and ate with corn chips! M,M,M,M, YUMMY! Then we went to Mr Henen to do these speacil faces called picaso faces. After that we went to my favourite, Fiminco and Salsa dancing with a very friendly lady called Lisa.

From: flamencopaintings.wordpress.com

We had a delisoso lunch, tacos. There were some lovely volunteers as the cooks. You could have, cheese, meat, salsa( sauce), lettuce and tomtoes. After that we had a delicious desert, churros! Churros are really  long spanish donuts with cinomin or icing sugar. H,H,H,M,M,M,M,M!!!!

What Did You Do?

What Did You Have On Your Choro?

by posted under Spanish fiesta | 17 Comments »    

“Spanish Fiesta!!!”

1. December 3rd, 2012 at 7:19 am      Reply Mrs Monaghan Says:

Hi Josie
    Great post! I really enjoyed reading about your Spanish day, what a cool idea, especially the dancing! I lived in Spain for three years, I was a teacher there a loooooooong time ago! When I lived in Burgos it was really cold in winter, and you could buy Churros con chocolate in the street in the evenings, or roasted chestnuts in a little poke of paper. I used to buy them on my way home from work as a treat. I did a trip to Andalucia in the south of Spain where they do the flamenco dancing, it was incredible! Spain is my favourite country… Well, battling it out with Italy… Have you ever visited another country? Where would you go? If you ever get a chance, GO to Spain!!!
    Mrs M

• December 3rd, 2012 at 7:35 am      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Mrs Monghan,
      Yes, I’ve been to Fiji when I was three, but I don’t really remember anything! 🙁
      I would go to Italy, because there’s much more gelato there, as I don’t like ice-cream! Spain sounds so fun, I would probably go when the annual tomato fight is on, it might be my first food fight!
      WOW, you lived in spain for ages. I hope you knew how to speak spanish. If yo didn’t, you’ll probably only stay there for 3 weeks! Did you know how to spak spanish?
      My favourite country( in the world) might be… Italy, America, England, Spain, Kenya and Austia, oh and Austalia, of coruse!
      Which one did you like better, Churros con Chocolate or roasted cheaster nuts? Mine is Churros con Chocolate. M,m,m,m,m!
      From your blogging buddy,
      Josie. 😉

2. December 5th, 2012 at 11:56 am      Reply Mrs Monaghan Says:

Hi Josie,
    Yes, I can speak Spanish (and a bit of French, Portuguese, Italian and Catalan too! I love languages!) Living in a country is more rewarding if you can speak the language, which is why learning languages is so important!
    I hope you get to visit all those countries you would like to see!
    Mrs Monaghan

• December 5th, 2012 at 9:22 pm      Reply Josie Says:

hi Mrs Monghan,
      Thats great, I wouldn’t live at least a day without knpwing spanish. You know heaps of languages, which one is you favourite?
      Yes, I really want to visit them, maybe when I’m older, like 20!
      Do you want to visit any conutrys I want to?
      From your blogging buddy,
      Josie. 😀

3. December 5th, 2012 at 9:28 pm      Reply Mrs Monaghan Says:

Hi Josie…
    My favourite language is Spanish because it sounds great and it is quite easy to learn too. I have quite a few Spanish friends and I enjoy speaking it with them. I’ve visited most of the countries you want to visit except Kenya, but I have been to Botswana and Zimbabwe and they were incredible, I would simply love to go back to Africa. I have never been to Australia, but the more we blog with Australian schools, the more I would like to see the country for myself!
    I think it’s great that you want to travel when you are older. Australians are amazing travellers, so I believe you will!
    Mrs Monaghan

• December 9th, 2012 at 9:00 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Mrs Monaghan,
      That great, practasing is one thing, but practsing with friends and enjoying it more is another.
      Where’s Botswana, it sounds intresting, but an unique name. I know Zimbabwe though. It’s kind’a near Kenya.
      That’s the same as me. When you blog with people over seas, and see there blog with the pictures, you get more and more willing to go to that place itself! England must be great, what’s your favourite bit about it?
      My favourite thing about Austalia is probably, that we have some beautiful beaches, lovely nature and lots of friendly people too!
      From your blogging buddy,
      Josie. 😀

• December 9th, 2012 at 9:27 pm      Reply Mrs Monaghan Says:

Hi Josie… last chance to vote for your blog today! What a lot of comments you’ve got on this post!
        Botswana is a neighbouring country to Zimbabwe in Africa. It has some of the most amazing scenery on earth, in particular in the Okavango Delta, where the wildlife is just incredible.
        What do I like about England? Its greenness, its lakes and mountains, its incredible history and beautiful architecture and its quirky people!
        Mrs Monaghan

• December 9th, 2012 at 10:54 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Mrs Monaghan,
          Unfortiontly, in Australia, the voting has closed, so no more voting for in Aussie! D:
          WOW! I can’t believe I didn’t know Botswana, when it’s got all thoughs beautiful scerenery, it sounds fantasic!
          England sounds fantasic too, which one is your favourite, Botswaan or England?
          One day I might go to England too, and I might see you, when your really old because I’m probably going to go when I’m 20 or sometime near! 🙂
          From Your blogging buddy,
          Josie. 😀

• December 9th, 2012 at 11:00 pm       Mrs Monaghan Says:

Hey Josie!
            I hope you make it to England one day! If I’m not to old we’ll meet up for tea and scones in my Old Folk’s Home!
            Mrs Monaghan

• December 12th, 2012 at 8:48 pm       Josie Says:

Hi Mrs Monaghan,
            Maybe we will, have a tea and a scone and maybe see what you did with you’re blog, if you wrote any postes up about The Old Folks Home, or the nice thing you had for tea and stuff like that.
            I wonder if that will acturly happen!
            From your blogging buddy,
            Josie. 😀
            PS: See you in the Old Folks Home in thirty years! 😉

4. December 5th, 2012 at 11:08 pm      Reply alexis and alannah Says:

dear josie we thought that the spainsh fiesta was great we liked
    the food and the activities and also we liked the danceing
    from alexis and alannah

5. December 5th, 2012 at 11:14 pm      Reply Bethany Says:

Hi everyone, 🙂
    What did you dress in if you did dress into something? 😐
    I dressed into a flamanco dancer, Abbey dressed into the spanish flag colours. 🙂
    From Bethany and Abbey. 😉

• December 5th, 2012 at 11:56 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Bethany and Abbey,
      I dressed up in yellow and red, I didn’t have any other clothes to wear! 🙁
      I bet your cothes were cool as, I saw Bethany’s but not Abbey’s costume.
      Did you like your clothes?
      From your class mate,
      Josie. 😀

6. December 5th, 2012 at 11:19 pm      Reply Amelia and Livia Says:

The activities I did where the salsa dancing, flamingo dancing, Piccasso faces, sombreroes. On my churro I had icing sugar.The churros tasted fantastic!! The spanish fiesta was fantastico!!!!

From Livia ;D

• December 6th, 2012 at 8:51 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Amelia and Livia,
      Great comment Livia and Amelia! 🙂
      WOW, you did alot of activaties, thats a good thing!
      I had icing sugar on my churro too. It was so nice, wasn’t it.
      Did you like the churros and tarcos?
      From your class mate,
      Josie. 😀

7. December 5th, 2012 at 11:25 pm      Reply Charlotte Says:

hi guys
    the spanish fiesta was great
    my favourite part was the tacos and choros 🙂

Charlotte 🙂

• December 6th, 2012 at 7:21 am      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Charlotte,
      Yes, the spanish fiesta was great, maybe my favourite ever!
      The tarcos and Choros were great, but my favourite part was the salsa dancing and the food tooo. 😀
      Ihad icing sugar on my choro? What did you have on your’s?
      From your class mate,
      Josie. 😉