Alice-Miranda At Sea.

November11

This is Alice-Miranda.And Millie, Jacinta, Sep and Lucas. Who are these kids? Where are they from? Yes, this is Alice-Miranda Highton-Smith-Kentington-Jones. From the book series Alice-Miranda.

From:anitaheissblog.blogspot.com

Remember when I wrote a post about CAFE and Daily 5, and about reading strategies.Well, my reading strategy is ‘Predict and Confirm meaning.’ Predict and confirm’ meaning means try to predict a part of the book and then when you get to it, confirm the answer if it’s right or not.

Now back to Alice-Miranda. So far the book has been fantastic and exciting.Alice-Miranda and friends have so far seen and played with Lucas and Sep, two nice boys and,   Lucas a good cousin to Alice-Miranda. Their little gang have explored the ship together, searching for Jacinta’s parents. On the way they meet The head chef, Vladimir   who was very scary, hated children and was really strict indeed.They have also met Neville, a shy, young little child who wants to get to America, to see his parents.

My predictions are that they have a BBQ on the royal deck, meet and talk to Jacnta’s parents and meet and play with Neville again. If you like the sound of the book, you can go to Alice-Miranda’s website http://alice-miranda.blogspot.com.au/ or the author’s website: http://jacquelineharvey.com.au/

What Book Are You Reading?

Do You Like Alice-Miranda?

by posted under Books | 17 Comments »    

“Alice-Miranda At Sea.”

1. November 11th, 2012 at 11:42 pm      Reply Jo Says:

Hi Josie,
    I really enjoy the Alice Miranda books, even though I have never really read the series I have snuck into honeys book and read some of the text from her book every now and then.
    I think Alice mMranda is very independent and very mature.
    what do you think of her????
    From Jo 🙂 :p

• November 11th, 2012 at 11:47 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Jo,
      Great comment!:)
      I think Alice-Miranda is very mature, fun, independent, exciting and brave!
      Your right, Alice-Miranda books are very enjoying, I would rate it ten out of ten!
      Have you read the fourth, Alice-Miranda at sea?
      From your classmate,
      Josie:)

2. November 12th, 2012 at 1:59 am      Reply Lucy Says:

Hi Josie,
    Is there any other types of books that she writes?:)
    what is your favourite book of alice miranda? 🙂
    Bye, Lucy

3. November 12th, 2012 at 10:08 am      Reply Mrs Murphy Says:

Dear Josie,

Great review for Alice-Miranda books. I think I will have to take one home over the summer holidays and read one.

You are doing such a fantastic job at your predict and confirm strategy and love to see you posting about it here. I know you said that Neville was introduced in the book early on, why do you think he will make a reappearance? Do you think anything exciting will happen when he does?

What do you think will be the huge tension scene in the book? What could it possibly be building up to?

I look forward to your confirming and finding out what happens myself.
    Yours in blogging,
    Mrs Murphy

• November 12th, 2012 at 10:58 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Mrs Murphy,
      I defently will bring one at summer, I will read it with my hearts content! 😀
      I don’t know what the huge tension will be, but that makes it a bit more exciting!
      I have read two whole books so far, Alice-Miranda at school(1) and Alice-Miranda at Hoildays(2).
      My favourite is Alice-Miranda at Hoildays, you meet so many charaters and settings!
      I think that when they meet Neville Jacnta will be surprised because I just found out that Neville’s last name is Helington-Bear, the same as Jacinta!
      Alice-Miranda is probaly my favourite seris!
      What’s yours?
      From your class mate,
      Josie. 😀

4. November 13th, 2012 at 8:59 pm      Reply Jessica Says:

Hi Josie

I loved you post and comments and i woish you a good luck for injoying tha6t book.

Im reading “We can be heraos Criss Cross and Tashi”

what is you goal?

My goal is re talling the story.

I thhink that book you are ready is not a good fit book for me and im not intursted in the books sorry.

How far are you in the book?

From Jessica

• November 13th, 2012 at 9:08 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Jessica,
      That’s fine, you don’t have to like the same book and have the same goal as someone else!:)
      I think I’m up to page 110, at least.I think I’m up to the back fill or probably the plot devloment.
      My goal is predict and Confirm meaning.
      ‘We can be heraos Criss Cross’ sounds intresting, what’s it about? I have read a little bit of Tashi at home, it’s a good story but it’s not a good fit book!
      Which book do you like reading the most?
      From your class mate,
      Josie 😀

• November 14th, 2012 at 8:27 pm      Reply Jessica Says:

Hi Josie

Thank you soooooo much for replying to me.
        My fave one is “we can be heros”
        I have nto started to read the criss cross.
        The tashi books are soooooooooo good and i like here storys they make.
        Im thankffull of you because you put a post about your reading.
        Nice goal you have there.
        From Jessica

5. November 14th, 2012 at 9:06 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Jessica,
    We can be Heros sounds so cool, what’s it about?
    Thanks, I like people being thankful to me, it feels nice, like a random act of kindness!
    The Tashi books are really cool, be they’r not a good fit for me. 🙁
    Criss, Cross sounds cool as well, I wonder what it’s about?
    From your class mate,
    Josie 😉

6. November 26th, 2012 at 11:18 pm      Reply grace Says:

hi Josie
    It’s grace i am reading diary of a wimpy kid the ugly truth
    but that is a good book i like when read it

from grace
    p.s love your blog

7. December 19th, 2012 at 8:48 am      Reply Jacqueline Harvey Says:

Dear Josie,

I just came across your blog and I wanted to say thank you for your very kind words about Alice-Miranda. I love writing her adventures and it’s great to hear from the readers. I’ve just finished writing Alice-Miranda In Paris which is her 7th adventure and am currently working on a new series about a little girl called Clementine Rose. I hope you have lots of time to read in the holidays – there are so many wonderful books!

Have a fantastic Christmas and an amazing 2013.

Best wishes,
    Jacqueline Harvey 🙂

• December 20th, 2012 at 6:16 am      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Jacqueline,
      Thanks sooooooooooooo much for commenting on my blog! I want to be an author when I older, so this is so exciting!!!! 😀
      Alice-Miranda In Paris soundds exciting, it sounds like a great book in the series. I have finished Alice-Miranda at sea, and for Christmas I want the fifth. My favourite Alice-Miranda would be the second, Alice-Miranda on Holidays. What’s your’s?
      Clementine Rose sounds like a great book, and name. I absolutely love the names that you come up with for your books, they are so cute and kind’a repesent.
      What’s Clementine Rose about?
      From your friend,
      Josie. 😀
      PS. You don’t have to tell me what Clenmetine Rose is about incase you want it a surprise.

• December 20th, 2012 at 11:51 pm      Reply Mrs Murphy Says:

Dear Jacqueline Harvey,

There was great excitement in our class this morning when we found out that a REAL author had contacted one of our students. You have made not only her day, but many others in our grade! We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy writing to write to some of your avid Alice-Miranda readers.

Your books keep many of our students very engaged in reading and they love going through the twists and turns that her adventures take. We look forward to your next books and will have to order them for our school library.

We would love to hear if you have any advice for our young writers? We have many that do aspire to be authors!

Thanks again for taking the time to write to us.
      Mrs Murphy

8. December 21st, 2012 at 1:07 am      Reply Jacqueline Harvey Says:

Dear Mrs Murphy, Josie and Classmates,

It is a pleasure talking to you. I understand that many of you are aspiring writers. Today must be the last day of term so for the holidays, here’s some advice to get your stories going. Keep a notebook handy and write down things that make you laugh, reflections on places you go, descriptions of interesting people or events. I always have notebooks with me and if I didn’t write things down I would never remember. Ask ‘what if?’ a lot. You can always get a story from that. So what if you had walked into the classroom this morning and Mrs Murphy had transformed into Santa Claus and she said that she had to go – but she needed some help – what next? or what if you left home this morning and said goodbye to your parents and everything was normal but when you walked home in the afternoon there was a big For Sale sign in your yard and across the middle it said SOLD and when you went to go inside the locks had changed and everything was gone! Anyway, just some ideas to get you started. I hope that you are enjoying Alice-Miranda and my new series Clementine Rose. Have a great holiday and a fantastic Christmas. Josie asked me which of the Alice-Miranda books was my favourite – that’s too hard to answer as I love them all for different reasons. You can find out all about Clementine Rose at http://www.randomhouse.com.au/books/jacqueline-harvey/clementine-rose-9781742755410.aspx

Best wishes,
    Jacqueline Harvey 🙂

• December 21st, 2012 at 8:14 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Jacquline,
      Thanks for all that advice. You can have alot of idea’s from just writing on a notebook. I never thought about that before.
      Thanks for that website address, I’ll check it out after I write this comment. Clementine Rose sounds so exciting, like Alice-Miranda
      Do you like my teacher Mrs Murphy? That replyed to you? I sure do! If she replys to you again, don’t be afrad to reply back. Oh, and when we get in our classes next year, you might have ALOT of people replying to you, so be readdy
      We hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
      Has the questuin ‘What if’ helped you to make a story, a real one?
      From your friend,
      Josie. 😀

9. March 23rd, 2013 at 9:53 am      Reply Jacqueline Harvey Says:

Hi Josie,

It was lovely to meet you yesterday! Thanks for coming to the event at Ocean Grove. Have a wonderful Easter and a relaxing school holiday – with lots of reading 🙂

Best wishes,
    Jacqueline Harvey xx

• March 24th, 2013 at 9:07 am      Reply Josie Says:

Dear Jacquline Harvey,
      I loved meeting you too! I was even reciting what I was going to say! I loved seeing you in person and listening to all of the storys of your life. 😀
      Have a Happy Easter and eat lots of chocolate!
      From your friend and blogging buddy,
      Josie. 😉
      PS. I’m going to write a post on the event and comment on your blog.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. An Author find us! | The Grade 3/4 Learning Legends @ Lonnie