Sports Day

October31

schThis post is about sports day. Well, at school we had a school sports day. To start of with, each student is in a house colour. The colours are Green,  Yellow, Red and Blue house. Each student tries to be first, second or third to get points for their house. If your house wins you get a little silver sheld on a big wooden shield. But this year the house that won got the whole wooden shield because it didn’t have any more room for any little shields! This year Green came fourth, Yellow came third, Red came second and Blue came first!

These are the events that are held: Shot Put, Limbo, Egg And Spoon Race, Sack Race, Sprints,Hurdles,  Long Jump and High Jump. There were also relays for a quater of the oval and runs around the oval. Preps did one lap, Grade one and twos did two laps, Grade three and fours did three laps and Grade five sixes did four laps.

From frigginloon.wordpress.com 

Luckily, the weather was sunny and beautiful, so nothing was canceled. Parents and Teachers cheered the kids on and everyone got at least one ribbon and enjoyed it!

What Is Your Favourite event?

Did You Do A Relay?

by posted under School, Sport | 5 Comments »    

“Sports Day”

1. November 5th, 2012 at 11:31 am      Reply Mrs Murphy Says:

Dear Josie,

You are right, the weather was beautiful and everyone had so much fun. Ms Henderson did a great job organising the day and everyone put in so much effort into the events. From a spectator point of view, I think I liked watching the sack race the best… all those colours and jumping looked like so much fun. I am sure if I was a student, I would have liked the long distance run as I love running!

What event was your favourite?

Mrs Murphy

• November 6th, 2012 at 9:09 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Mrs Murphy,
      My favourite event was Long Jump because I got a ribbon for it!:) High jump was really fun though, every girl in our age group fell first time, including me!
      I like watching the sack race too, but I liked watching the Egg And Spoon Race the best because lots of eggs were falling off the spoon and at the end when we just did it for fun, Mrs V said that if you stuck your tongue out it would help balance the egg!
      I got two ribbons, one well done from Sprints and thrid for Long Jump.
      How many ribbons did you get?
      From your class mate,
      Josie 🙂

2. November 6th, 2012 at 10:58 pm      Reply Gabby Says:

hi its gabby,
    my favourite event is sack race and sprints.
    i was in a relay that was the 11 year olds with tessa mia and zali i ran first. we came first in the relay but it was annyoing that my shoe fell of when i ran. 🙂 🙂
    your class mate gabby.

• November 6th, 2012 at 11:14 pm      Reply Josie Says:

Hi Gabby,
      The sack race and sprints where really fun, but they are not my favourite one.
      I didn’t do the relay, but it looked super fun!:)
      Well done for doing the relays.
      Are you in yellow house?
      I would have been really annoyed if my shoe fell of. If your shoe ever falls off in a race, never go back!!!!!!
      I loved sports day. Did you?
      From your class mate,
      Josie.:)

3. November 6th, 2012 at 11:15 pm      Reply Lucy Says:

Hi josie,
    My favourite event was limbo and the one I least liked was shot put!
    What was your favourite event why?
    Lucy 🙂